Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I've changed, deal with it

After being away from my hometown for 9 months I cam back about a month for 8 weeks before I move away for good. I was nervous to come back and for good reasons. While it's great to be with my family its also tough. I am enjoying living in a beautiful big clean house with a cleaning lady and a fridge that is always stocked with great food unlike my apartment which usually had mold and ice on most of our food. And the doting parents are great. As are seeing all my siblings and nieces and nephews who have gotten so big and are adorable. But driving around the town where I have lived almost all of my 21 years is a reminder of my mistakes, of my past. In that firehouse I hooked up with this guy, here I did xyz, where I go is a reminder of mistakes. Plus there are so many people I don't wish to see. Some that we just don't talk for various reasons, some that remind me of bad things, and some that I was friends with before I left. The ones that i was friends with before I left want to hang out with me. But I have rules now, I don't hang out at night or go out alone usually with guys. I am trying to be a better person than the one who left here last October. Last year I made a lot of mistakes. I still err time to time but I am deffintley a better person that who I used to be. I heard a guy who I hooked up with last year is going around calling me ugly and a slut. At first it upset me a lot but then I thought about it. Maybe I was a slut. How do you define a slut anyway? But I am not anymore. And the past doesnt matter anymore. I am a very good caring person now. But since being home I have had a lot of arguments with my last year friends how I cant hang with them, and its starting to get lonely around here since I keep pushing away the not so good influences in my life. I know its the right thing but the right thing is not always easy. I once heard a Rabbi say that you know you are doing the right thing when you have a lot of opposition. He was talking about a different thing but I think it kind of fits. i have made what are for me sacrifices. I am a night person, I love going out at all hours, meeting new people and partying. Now I am home  almost every night on the computer, watching a movie or something and its not easy to change my nature but I am trying to become a better person. I don't want to be a slut. Please accept my change, but if you don't, thats ok because you obviously don't want the real me. My ex said that change isn't becoming a different person but its becoming the real you, well I guess I am me now. Love me or get out of my life! (Sorry for the anger)

No comments:

Post a Comment