Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just friends


This video has been going around the past week. I assume most people have seen it. It made me think since that has been a topic I have been discussing with people over the last few years. I grew up not talking to guys at all/ All girls high school. Didn't start talking to guys till after high school. And when I did, I didn't really know how many boundaries I had to make. When I wanted it to be just friends it would usually turn into a hook-up and occasionally the guy having feelings. Right about now I have what I would call 3 or 4 close guy friends. Most are long distance, so it's easy we talk on the phone once a week, once every other week. And the other ones I haven't known for so long. But I have not been to keep a guy friend for very long because it used to always turn into a hookup or it just got weird after a while. I kind of refuse to believe the video because I don't want to think every guy who is my friend wants to hook up with me. I don't think every guy is attracted to me or interested in that way. And I feel that sounds conceited. 3 of my really good guy friend told me they would hook interested with me. But I don't think every guy is like that. I think the problem is we have to realize that our friendship with guys is different than girls. We have to create more boundaries, be careful not o give them wrong signals. Me just laying on a guys bed is because I am tired not because I am interested. I currently only have guys in my life that I trust and I feel safe in my friendship. I hate how it used to be when good friendships would get ruined because we hooked up or he wanted to hook up. I think guys and girls can be friends. I think it takes self restraint on the guys part and the girl knowing limits of the friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment