Saturday, February 11, 2012

Being yourself

I think that sometimes we all feel like we have to act differently to please other people, whether our family, boss or a potential date but I feel the best thing we can be is ourselves. I think as a kid I was a bit shy and tried to hide who I was a little to fit in, and then as I went through high school and I was depressed and burdened with all the emotions of being abused and feeling isolated in addition to all the other wonderful feelings that come with adolescence, I definitley was not able to be myself. And then post high school with being raped, and trying to fit into new environments, as well as my constant battle with religion I was just being the person the people I hung around with wanted me to be. In the last year or so, moving away and becoming friend with different/better people, plus putting my past in a long term coma, I have seen parts of the real me come out. Thee quirky crazy parts of my personality that most people have never seen. Like the crazy energy I get, that instead of walking around something I jump over it. Or say things that people will think is slightly weird, but will make them laugh.Positive things to. I am a lot more confident about who I am and therefore people embrace it. I still want to be better about saying my opinion and whats on my mind and I usually do. And people appreciate me for me and that's the best thing I can ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment