Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thanks for being a good guy

Yesterday was a wonderful day. I had been sick the last few days so it felt great to get out of bed. I went into town to take care of things and then hung out with 2 guys, each one separately. After my night was over I called one of my closest friends and gave her a recap of the day, I told her with pure happiness in my voice that neither of the guys even tried to make a move! She answered thats nothing to be happy about, that's how it always should be. She might be right, but that's not how it is for me. Most of the guys I tend to hang out with usually only want me for my body. It was so nice last night to just chill and hang with them. Listening to them, them listening to me without them trying to get in my pants. The first guy and I walked to this beautiful park, watched the dogs run around, and laid on the grass and looked up at the sky. The second guy and I met friends we both knew and hung out with them for a while before going to get sushi, which he paid for and then just talked about everything while he walked me 3/4 of the way to my bus. On the bus on the way home I started talking to a random soldier who was telling me about his future dreams. Didn't ask for my number, facebook name or anything. Just a nice conversation with a stranger. People have been telling me for years that there are nice guys out there and I never believed them. I don't know why but after all the abuse I was drawn to guys who kept hurting me. Not in the same way but they weren't good people, they were guys who took advantage of me and never valued me for who I am. In the last few months I am finally belieing what people have told me. Just because I have surrounded myself with bad people doesn't mean the good ones don't exist. I am starting to meet some really good people which is really changing my outlook in life. As I used to say to the few good guys I knew- thanks for being a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment