Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fearless minus one

I jump off cliffs that are 10 feet high. Rock climb with no harness. Had a snake around my neck. I am pretty much fearless. And the things that I am scared off I try to deal with the fear and get past is. Bravery isn't the absence of fear but doing the action even with the fear, and not letting the fear control you. So for someone who can get over most fears and do anything that I put my mind it, it's so frustrating to have one fear I can't get rid of. I just can't stop being scared of rape. No matter how hard I try. Men scare me. As strong as I am for a girl, most men can out power me in a second. My belief is that nobody is trustworthy until they prove it to me. A lot of people have a problem with that, but the ones who take the time to show me they are trustworthy and and would never hurt me are the trustworthy ones. If I am walking alone at night (which I hate and try to avoid) I will glance behind me a hundred times. I am not usually paranoid, but I am so scared of being hurt again. I can't let it happen again. Ever. So I have to protect myself, keep myself safe.  It might seem like I am pushing people away but it's protecting myself. I want to be fearless, go sky diving, walk alone, and pet crocodiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment