Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To my future child

This is something I wrote during class a few weeks ago. Not sure why I wrote this, as I am not yet a mother. But I just felt it so I had to put pen to paer and now fingers to keyboard. Theres nothing I love more than children. I wrote it for a female, because it's more emotionally related but it can be for any child.

I want to hold her, to love her
to give her everything I have
to let her know what words can not say
what I should say, what I wish I could say

I want her to feel what I've never felt
and to never feel what I've felt
I want my tears and sweat
to be her laughter and smiles

I want her to run like the wind
but to never fall
To eat so much
but never gain

I want her to fall in love
dance all night
get her first kiss
but never be hurt

I want her to be happy
I want her to feel loved
by other beyond her family
who will forever cherish her

I want her to realize
how amazing, powerful, and beautiful she is
how no one elses smile
can make my heart flutter the way she does

and if she fails both of our dreams
and hurts and cries
and does things wrong
most importantly, I want her to know
that is when I will love her most.

No comments:

Post a Comment