Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My husband

In class today my friend said to me what if  we never find a guy and never get married. I answered her, don't talk like that he's in his cute pajamas sleeping on his NFL sheets dreaming, somewhere out there. And it made me think? Who is he, where is he? I just hope he's out there, somewhere and I'll find him at the right time. I am not dating currently because what's the point of dating if I it's not for marriage. That was something that they brainwashed us with when we were younger. But it's something that I believe now. If I meet a nice guy, someone that I am attracted to and we just have a fun time together with no future, whats the point? We will have a few weeks, months, maybe even a year and then it will end with one or both of us getting hurt. I am not saying that there is no point in dating, I have learned so much from certain people I have dated and it has taught me a lot of lessons and molded me into who I am.  I used to be more uptight and planned, one of the guys I dated was a free spirit, spontaneous and just knew how to have fun. I learned from him to make every moment count, just think of the now, and to look for the good in everything. But I don't want to be hurt again and I don't want to date anyone until I have figured some things out, and am a better more stable, kind, giving person and feel ready to commit. I am very much a relationship person and I want to love someone with everything I am and to be loved back, and to cuddle, and to get all the things one gets out of a relationship, but I don't want to need. I want to wait till I am ready as strange as that sounds, I just think that makes sense for me.
Back to the ideal guy. If I could pick the personality and looks of the guy he would be like what I am about to write, I know I will never ge a guy like this but at least he could have some of these attributes and I know what I am not looking for, plus it's fun to make a laundry list of what I want.
I want someone really sensitive (like a musician), someone emotional who is not afraid to cry and talk about their emotions. Someone who is ambitious, has dreams, and is an intellectual-doesn't mind me sharing all the random facts I know and maybe can match me fact for fact (is that asking too much). Someone who is adventurous, loves sports, and hiking and being active. Someone who is not afraid to love. And can love with every part of them. Will love me. And will love our kids even more than me. I want him to be an amazing dad to our kids, and to love being with them and playing with them. I want him to be spontaneous, and to just have fun. And to know when to be serious and to when have fun. And I want him to be a good person, have morals and do what is right.
Looks wise- I don't care so much but if I could pick I want him to be tall, athletic build, have good muscles and jsut be attractive and have a gorgeous smile.
Really to sum it all up, I just want us to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment